Thursday, August 20, 2009

Starting out

Well, it has happened my oldest has begun high school full time at the public school after being homeschooled for the past 4 years. This was her decision, as was the original decision to come home. It is I big adjustment for all of us, I have tried to get her ready as much as possible, but really it is transitioning into another world. The rest of the kids are starting to transition to her being gone so often. They seem to really be trying to figure out her decision, her brothers can't get over the personal freedom she is giving up, not being able to eat when you are hungry being the main one ( I haven't told them about having to ask to use the bathroom). It is only the first week and already the house seems different, I imagine there will be a new dynamic soon. I will have her post her insights into this big change soon and I will try to keep up with posts on our end as figure out this new life.

2 comments:

  1. What a huge decision. I hope it provides what G. is looking for! I would love to hear your family's thoughts on such a big life change--it's a really interesting time for you guys, I bet. Great idea for a blog, Dawn. Best of luck!! :-) Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to reading about the changes, challenges and successes! What an awesome thing to do together.

    ReplyDelete